I moved to Seattle in 2016 from Midland, MI - hence the domain being
jgreenemi. In Seattle, working on machine learning and software development projects. Previously, I worked on machine learning at Amazon Halo and Amazon Go, and before that software development at Amazon Web Services.
My public-facing development efforts are on Github. There, you'll find my appreciation for Python and Scala. I also enjoy working in Kotlin, though that is entirely unrepresented in my public commits.
You may know me from such recent projects as:
SHH, SleevesHidingHands, an ML-powered subreddit looking for photos containing a subject in a particular pose with particular attire.
Parris, the automated infrastructure setup tool for machine learning algorithms.
BunAlert, the alert system based on an XKCD comic about buns.
MLPleaseHelp, the simple search engine for machine learning resources.
My career efforts are focused on developing machine learning algorithms for solving real-world problems. I also have spent significant time automating the processes involved with taking algorithms from prototype to production. You wouldn't believe how nice it is to save time on setup when training an ML algorithm, hence projects like Parris.
Outside of the office...
...you can find me producing music under the name Clyde Machine. My most recent two records, Authentic (2016) and Correct Me If I'm Wrong (2015), were released via Better Than Records. Hope you like angry bass music!
Before doing development, I did network engineering. In my time doing this I earned my CCNP R&S, and enabled my team to turn up a brand new AS participating in the global BGP routing table.
This is me at a nice restaurant in Helsinki Finland in case you were curious what I look like.
Other Minor Noteworthy Details
- Some of my open source code is stored in a Svalbard vault as part of the Github Arctic Code Vault project from 2020, including Parris.
- Contributed to the development of Jeremy Howard's fast.ai deep learning course for using AWS Sagemaker in model deployment: github:fastai/course-v3
- Contributed to the popular
awesome-machine-learningGithub repo with a pair of personal projects: github:josephmisiti/awesome-machine-learning
- Contributed to the AWS SDK for Java: github:aws/aws-sdk-java
- Created a simple utility for checking if your AWS account has any S3 buckets exposed to the world, in response to one too many news reports of security breaches: github:jgreenemi/DescribePublicBuckets